As the concept of the circular economy becomes more mainstream, recycling is playing an increasingly important role in maximising the amount of ‘waste’ that is repurposed as a ‘resource’.
The upshot? All businesses that produce any type of waste should be on the lookout for recycling opportunities.
But with recycling solutions being developed for an increasing range of waste types, and with new providers popping up regularly, how do you choose the right recycler for your business?
Here are our tips for choosing the right recycling supplier for your business.
Identify what you can recycle
- Audit your waste streams and list everything that gets thrown away. Check if there are any items in your waste that can easily be separated out and diverted to your current recycling collection
- Search the web and see how much of your remaining waste can be matched to recycling companies servicing your area. Many recycling companies specialise in specific types of waste so you may need to engage more than one to cover all of your recycling needs.
Contact the recyclers and check their requirements
- What are the minimum and maximum quantities of recyclable materials that they handle?
- Do they provide collection bins and manage pickup?
- How much will it cost? Do they offer a discount for large volumes or longer-term contracts?
- Can you be paid for any of the materials you want to recycle?
- What are the payment terms and conditions?
Check their credentials
- Do they hold the appropriate EPA licences for the types of waste they handle?
- Do they provide certificates of recycling to help you document your compliance with environmental standards such as ISO 14001?
- What happens to your waste? Is it genuinely recycled into new products, or does a significant amount still end up in the sewer or landfill?
Looking for a recycling company that ticks the right boxes?
Ecocycle specialises in recycling a range of waste generated by most businesses.
Our expertise spans lighting, battery and electronic waste. We are also Australia’s most experienced and only fully licensed recycler of mercury-containing waste, including dental amalgam and medical waste.
Our logistical solutions are designed to minimise disruption to your business, and you can be assured that your waste will be recycled in state-of-the-art facilities that ensure minimal loss of material.
To find out more about how we can boost your recycling rate, call us on 1300 32 62 92 or fill in the form below and one of our recycling experts will be in touch.